After 94 hours spent researching the best canister vacuum, I think Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum is the best for most people.
This choice is based on several criteria: type, suction, noise level, range (cord + hose), color, container size, dimensions, filter, modes, path width, bagless, motorized brush, accessories, weight, and warranty, among other things.
Overall$1,151.04CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 11, 2022
Mid-Range$428.00CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 10, 2022
Inexpensive$329.00CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 11, 2022
|Product||Price||Overall Rating||Quality||Ease of Use||Maneuverability||Maintenance||Value for Money||type||suction||noise level||range (cord + hose)||color||container size||dimensions||filter||modes||path width||bagless||motorized brush||accessories||weight||warranty|
|Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum||$1,151.04CHRISTMAS||4.9||5||5||4.5||5||5||Canister||1200W||72dB||36 ft||Blue||1.19 gallons (4.5 liters)||19.5 x 11.2 x 8.9 in||HEPA AirClean filter||6||13.5 in||No||Yes||Yes||19.4 lbs||1 year|
|Dyson Ball Multifloor Canister Vacuum||$428.00CHRISTMAS||4.6||5||4.5||4||4.5||5||Canister||280AW||70dB||45 ft||Yellow||0.53 gallons (2 liters)||11 x 11.7 x 13.2 in||HEPA filter||2||12.5 in||Yes||Yes||Yes||20 lbs||5 years|
|Numatic HVR200A Henry Professional Canister Vacuum||$329.00CHRISTMAS||4.6||5||4||5||4.5||4.5||Canister||600W-1200W||72dB||46 ft||Red||2.37 gallons (9 liters)||17.9 x 14.8 x 14.7 in||Fabric||2||14 in||No||No||Yes||21.2 lbs||1 year|
|Miele Compact C2 Electro+ Canister Vacuum||Check PriceCHRISTMAS||4.4||4.5||4||5||4||4.5||Canister||1200W||74dB||33 ft||Blue||0.93 gallons (3.5 liters)||16.7 x 9.6 x 9.1 in||HEPA AirClean filter||6||13.5 in||No||No||Yes||18.7 lbs||1 year|
|Electrolux EL4021A Silent Canister Vacuum||Check PriceCHRISTMAS||4.3||4.5||4.5||4||4||4.5||Canister||1080W||68dB||28 ft||Black||0.29 gallons (1.1 liters)||16 x 12 x 10 in||HEPA filter||5||10 in||Yes||No||Yes||10.9 lbs||5 years|
Canister vacs were once only useful for hardwood floors, but the best canister vacuum today can handle just about anything you throw at it.
Depending upon the power, attachments, and filters, a quality canister vac can do much more than just clean hardwood floors.
A clean and healthy home requires the best tools. When choosing a vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaner, or steam mop, there are tons of things to take into account. When will an upright vacuum, a corded stick vacuum, or a handheld vacuum work best? When might a portable carpet cleaner be more convenient than a large shampooer? Do you need to have a full-sized steam cleaner or would a convenient handheld steam cleaner do the trick?
The vacuum you choose is probably the most important place to begin, as it’s the most important tool for removing dust and debris from floors, carpets, and stairs. While there is certainly a lot of convenience in, say, a robot vacuum, it might not do the most thorough job.
A cordless stick vacuum will provide you with lightweight maneuverability, but it might not give you the suction power that you truly need.
In many cases, the best suction a vacuum can provide will come from a canister vacuum. Not only that, but a bagless canister vac means you’ll never have to buy bags, and it can reach just about anywhere with the right attachments.
All things considered, your vacuum just might be the most important cleaning tool in your home.
Table of Contents [show]
Best Canister Vacuum
Here is a selection of the best canister vacuum for most people according to Floorago:
Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum
Are the features of your current vacuum cleaner just not cutting it? Is it complicated to use and you’re finding that it really doesn’t work so well?
It could be the time to start shopping for a newer, better vacuum cleaner.
If you’re in the market for a quality, well-made canister vacuum, there are some features you should be looking out for.
Does it include helpful accessories? Is it functional, practical, and easy-to-use? Will it clean both carpets and hard floors with ease?
If you’re asking yourself the question, “what is the best vacuum cleaner to buy?”, the Miele C3 might be the answer.
Not only will this machine help to keep your floors clean, but it also includes a built-in HEPA filter to help keep your air clean too.
Let’s take a look at one of the best Miele canister vacuum cleaners on the market to see if it can work for your needs and preferences.
The Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum is loaded with quality features that can help you get a cleaner home more quickly and efficiently.
Starting with the cleaner head, the 13 3/8-inch brush roll is electronic and can be adjusted in height making it perfect for both deep carpets and hard floors. With a swivel neck that rotates 180 degrees, you’ll be able to reach messes anywhere. Plus, there’s an attached LED light to see in dark corners.
|range (cord + hose)||36 ft|
|container size||1.19 gallons (4.5 liters)|
|dimensions||19.5 x 11.2 x 8.9 in|
|filter||HEPA AirClean filter|
|path width||13.5 in|
There are six speed settings that can be conveniently controlled by a foot switch as well as automatic motor settings that seamlessly transition from firm suction on carpeted floors to less powerful suction on hard surfaces, making this a highly-recommended vacuum for all floor types.
Not only will this machine help to keep your floors clean, but it also includes a built-in HEPA filter to help keep your air clean too. Plus, the long cord and telescopic, stainless-steel wand give you a 36-foot cleaning radius.
Miele’s history traces all the way back to 1899 in what started as a cream separator manufacturer. They ventured into producing household appliances in 1903 starting with washing machines and the first Miele vacuum cleaner was made in 1931. Since then, Miele has become a leader in the small appliance industry selling everything from coffee makers to clothing irons.
The ability to rotate the cleaner head on this Miele makes it easy to clean hard-to-reaches spaces.
With so many powerful and efficient features, it’s clear to see how the Miele C3 Marin has become one of the best rated canister vacuum cleaners on the market. Here are the details on some of its best qualities.
- Foot pedals control six speeds for optimal cleaning power: With the C3 Marin, you can choose the automatic setting and let the machine take care of transitioning from hard floors to rugs, or fine-tune the power levels yourself with handy foot pedals. When vacuuming carpet, you might need a little more power. When vacuuming tile, you’ll need a little less. Not many machines give you options like these.
- Adjustable brush height: It comes with Miele’s Electro Premium Powerbrush, an electrically driven tool with a wide brush roll that has five different height setting. You’ll need the bristles to dig deep into carpets but you won’t want their harshness on hard floors. This vacuum is great for both.
- Keeps air clean while vacuuming with the HEPA AirClean Filter: Without the proper filter, many canister vacuum cleaners on sale can release dust and allergens back into the air while you clean. With a specific addition to help prevent this from happening, the air in your home will be just as clean as your floors.
- The Parquet Twister rotates 180 degrees to clean tight spaces: The ability to rotate the cleaner head on this Miele makes it easy to clean hard-to-reaches spaces. And with the attached LED light, you’ll be able to spot hidden messes even in dark areas like under the couch or in your pantry.
- Long cord gives you a 36-foot available cleaning radius: Between the long electrical cord and the telescopic, stainless-steel wand, you’ll be able to clean your entire home quickly and efficiently with a 36-foot radius. Many of even the best vacuums can’t give you that wide of a berth.
- Accessories include dusting brush, upholstery tool, and crevice nozzle: The C3 Marin has accessories that really come in handy to fully clean your home. Included with this machine are a dusting brush, an upholstery tool, and a crevice nozzle for smaller messes that require a more detailed approach.
As with every product out there, it’s bound to happen that there will be a few downsides to take note of. Below are the not-so-great aspects of the Miele C3 Marin to consider before you decide to make a purchase.
- Canister itself can be cumbersome even with agile head: Even though the cleaning head on this machine can swivel 180 degrees and even has an LED light, pulling around the actual canister can be quite a hassle, especially if you have a lot of furniture or tight hallways.
- Requires bags: Although the capacity of the C3 Marin’s dirt bags is generous (over one gallon), you’ll still need to go through the effort and expense of using bags rather than just emptying a container. Some users report that attaching a new bag can be somewhat tricky, plus the bags cannot be reused and they’re not made of recyclable material.
- Not lightweight and would be tough for large homes or stairs: The entirety of this vacuum cleaner weighs in at 19.4 pounds. That means it definitely won’t be the easiest to lift and carry around your home especially if you have a large house or a multi-level property.
|Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum||Dyson Ball Multifloor Canister VacuumReview||Numatic HVR200A Henry Professional Canister VacuumReview|
|price||$1,151.04CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 11, 2022||$428.00CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 10, 2022||$329.00CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 11, 2022|
|range (cord + hose)||36 ft||45 ft||46 ft|
|container size||1.19 gallons (4.5 liters)||0.53 gallons (2 liters)||2.37 gallons (9 liters)|
|dimensions||19.5 x 11.2 x 8.9 in||11 x 11.7 x 13.2 in||17.9 x 14.8 x 14.7 in|
|filter||HEPA AirClean filter||HEPA filter||Fabric|
|path width||13.5 in||12.5 in||14 in|
|weight||19.4 lbs||20 lbs||21.2 lbs|
|warranty||1 year||5 years||1 year|
The Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum has all the features you could need including six-speed suction power, an adjustable cleaning head great for all floor types, an LED light, and a large 36-foot cleaning radius.
Miele is a household appliance company that has been around for over 100 years. Starting as a cream separating manufacturer, Miele now produces high quality home products including ranges and ovens, refrigerators and dishwashers, washing machines, and of course, vacuum cleaners.
The Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum has all the features you could need including six-speed suction power, an adjustable cleaning head great for all floor types, an LED light, and a large 36-foot cleaning radius.
If you’re in need of new vacuum cleaner to help clean your home more efficiently, with tons of added features, and you want one of the best Miele vacuum cleaners on sale, look no further because this product is it.
$1,151.04CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 11, 2022
Dyson Ball Multifloor Canister Vacuum
If you’re in the market for a new vacuum cleaner, you may want to consider a canister vacuum.
It combines the features of a powerful upright with lighter-weight machines that can get into tighter spaces than a full-size upright.
With a vacuum hose, extension wands and attachments, a canister can clean nearly anything. And it is less cumbersome to use.
Most canisters have powerful motors to provide plenty of cleaning power to remove dust, dirt, and pet hair from your floors.
Comparing vacuums is simple. Consider cleaning needs in your apartment or home and then read the reviews for features you need.
For tight areas, the combination tool is ideal with its joint crevice tool and brush design.
The Dyson Ball Multifloor Canister Vacuum is one of the top ten canister vacuum cleaners. J.D. Power & Associates gave Dyson recognition for highest satisfaction by customers that have canister vacuums, and it also receives rave customer reviews.
The Dyson Multifloor is a bagless canister vacuum, meaning no bags to change or replace or buy. It comes with a clear receptacle for dirt and dust, and it is a snap to empty – just push a button to deposit the dirt into the trash.
It could easily be classified as a best vacuum cleaner for wood floors because of its powerful suction. The Radial Root Cyclone system channels airflow into the assembly center to improve efficiency of flow, maximize suction, maintain air pressure, and capture dust.
|range (cord + hose)||45 ft|
|container size||0.53 gallons (2 liters)|
|dimensions||11 x 11.7 x 13.2 in|
|path width||12.5 in|
Very compact at just 11 x 11.7 x 13.2 inches, it weighs about 20 pounds. It moves easily because it’s rolling on Dyson Ball technology – it steers effortlessly and can get into difficult places. Along with the floor cleaning head, it comes with two attachments.
Dyson canister vacuum attachments clean more than floors. The canister fits nicely on a staircase – use the stair tool attachment to vacuum each step. For tight areas, the combination tool is ideal with its joint crevice tool and brush design.
It comes with a five-year warranty to repair or replace the vacuum if found defective from faulty materials, poor workmanship, or function. Dyson has been making vacuum cleaners since its founding in 1991.
It rolls on a ball that can rotate in every direction for great maneuverability.
The Dyson Ball Multifloor machine has a lot going for it. It is a highly effective vacuum cleaner that makes short work of any dirty or dusty floor and then goes on to clean nooks and crannies with ease.
- Triggerhead floor brush cleans all types of floors: Control the brush settings at the handle as you move about – there’s no need to bend down to make adjustments. The head has tough nylon bristles for ground-in dirt on carpet and softer fiber bristles to remove dirt from hard floors.
- This is a clean machine in every sense of the word: HEPA filtration captures bacteria and allergens inside the filter and clear bin. Emptying the bin is hygienic because you just push a button to drop the dirt in the trash can. Just wash and re-use the lifetime filter.
- Large areas are easy to clean with its long reach: It has a 21-foot electric cord, and with its vacuum hose and a telescoping wand extension, the Dyson Multifloor can reach 45 feet for cleaning around your home. You can vacuum floors and then finish the area using the combo tool.
- Canister follows you around effortlessly as you clean: It rolls on a ball that can rotate in every direction for great maneuverability. Think of it as the difference between something on fixed wheels and something on wheels that can swivel – you can easily go in any direction.
- For canister vacuum owners, Dyson received the highest score: When J.D. Power performed vacuum cleaner satisfaction studies in 2015 and 2017, Dyson was tops in four study areas: ease of use; features (e.g., excellent filtration, powerful suction, accessory tools); styling and appearance (clean and functional); and warranty.
- Dyson technology and innovation made vacuums more effective: Dyson revolutionized the industry when it introduced its first vacuum cleaners to consumers in the early 1990s. Customers loved the idea of bagless machines and cyclone technology, and the company has since become one of the top four vacuum vendors in the world.
While many reviews on Dyson canister vacuums are positive, some owners have had issues or problems with their own machines or with the features and accessories that the machines offer (or perhaps lack). Check out some product cons before you buy.
- It has powerful suction, but sometimes it is too powerful: The vacuum brush can be difficult to move on some carpets because the suction is so strong. Opening an air inlet reduces suction pressure, but because the turbine brush bristles rely on air power for rotation, the brush is less effective.
- Small wheels on the pivoting ball brush head can jam: Small hairs and fibers can get sucked into the wheels and they are difficult to clean. While the floor tool can be taken apart for cleaning, the wheels cannot be removed. Jammed wheels can leave streaks on hard floors.
- The machine uses a lot of plastic in its construction: Plastic parts and clips can break more easily than other materials. The five-year warranty covers repairs or replacements for defects or faulty workmanship but not parts that break in normal usage. Replacement parts could get expensive over time.
|Dyson Ball Multifloor Canister Vacuum||Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister VacuumReview||Numatic HVR200A Henry Professional Canister VacuumReview|
|price||$428.00CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 10, 2022||$1,151.04CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 11, 2022||$329.00CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 11, 2022|
|range (cord + hose)||45 ft||36 ft||46 ft|
|container size||0.53 gallons (2 liters)||1.19 gallons (4.5 liters)||2.37 gallons (9 liters)|
|dimensions||11 x 11.7 x 13.2 in||19.5 x 11.2 x 8.9 in||17.9 x 14.8 x 14.7 in|
|filter||HEPA filter||HEPA AirClean filter||Fabric|
|path width||12.5 in||13.5 in||14 in|
|weight||20 lbs||19.4 lbs||21.2 lbs|
|warranty||5 years||1 year||1 year|
If you’re looking for a good vacuum, you’ll likely be pleased with the Dyson Ball Multifloor Canister Vacuum.
Dyson has sold millions of vacuum cleaners since 1991 and continues to be one of the top four vacuum manufacturers in the world. If you’re looking for a good vacuum, you’ll likely be pleased with the Dyson Ball Multifloor Canister Vacuum.
J.D. Power recognition carries a lot of weight in the consumer marketplace. And that recognition only happens if Dyson canister owners are highly satisfied with the top performance and outstanding cleaning abilities of the vacuum cleaners they have purchased.
This Dyson vacuum, with its Triggerhead floor brush for any surface and the attachments that come with the unit, is bound to do the job you need to keep your home or apartment clean for many years.
$428.00CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 10, 2022
Numatic HVR200A Henry Professional Canister Vacuum
Are you in the market for a newer, more effective vacuum? Are you overwhelmed by all of the options available to you?
Searching for the best product to meet your vacuuming needs can be a lot to handle.
These days, vacuum brands have been adding the most innovative, technology-based features left and right. And while impressive, these features can be overwhelming.
Perhaps you’re looking for a simpler design that won’t be confusing to use but still effectively cleans your home or business.
Take a look at this Numatic canister vacuum cleaner’s ratings and review to see if this machine can meet your needs.
For the purpose of storage, this small canister vacuum has a retractable cord to keep it out of the way and prevents tangles, plus the handle folds down when you’re done using it.
Whether you’re the owner of a restaurant or you just need something you know will work well for your home, this machine is one of the top commercial vacuum cleaners around.
The Numatic HVR200A Henry Professional Canister Vacuum has all the essentials, but nothing too fancy. No confusing settings, no high-tech extras, “Henry” gives you exactly what you’ll need to get an effective clean.
With its high-performance motor, the high setting reaches up to 1200 watts which is great for carpets and the low setting reaches 600 watts of power which is useful for hard floors. The AutoSave low energy system also makes Henry a greener choice by using less resources.
|range (cord + hose)||46 ft|
|container size||2.37 gallons (9 liters)|
|dimensions||17.9 x 14.8 x 14.7 in|
|path width||14 in|
Another perk is the highly efficient filtration system. You’ll get four Microflo dust bags that filter through dust and dirt as you’re vacuuming which means less clogs and more suction for a quicker way to clean.
For the purpose of storage, this small canister vacuum has a retractable cord to keep it out of the way and prevents tangles, plus the handle folds down when you’re done using it. And although it’s small, it is on the heavier side which is something to consider if you’ll be using this vacuum in a space with stairs.
Numatic International is a company based in the United Kingdom, with all of their products designed and manufactured in-house. It is the U.K.’s largest manufacturer of commercial cleaning equipment and they pride themselves on providing energy saving, easy-to-use products for hotels, hospitals, kitchens, and homes as well.
The Henry HVR200A comes with four Microflo dust bags that are highly efficient at filtering dirt and other messes.
Even without the newest gadgets, the Henry HVR200A is still one of the best canister vacuums on sale because of its features. Check out the best aspects of this vacuum to see if it could be useful for your home or business.
- High performance with powerful suction strength for deep clean: This canister vacuum cleaner has powerful commercial-strength suction strength to lift dirt and dust from multiple floor types. On the high setting its motor powers up to 1200 watts and on its low setting, the motor works at 600 watts.
- Efficient filtration system effectively traps dirt, dust, and other messes: The Henry HVR200A comes with four Microflo dust bags that are highly efficient at filtering dirt and other messes. They ensure fewer clogs so that you can spend more time cleaning to get your chores done faster.
- Handle folds down and cord rewinds for quick, tidy storage: A perk of small vacuums is that they can easily be stored in tight spaces. The cord rewinds so that it won’t get tangled and the handle makes it easy to carry and folds away when you’re finished.
- AutoSave is a low energy system for efficient power usage: This machine is made with an AutoSave energy system. It makes for a more effective and efficient use of power which will save you money on your energy bill and can be an important feature for many eco-friendly buyers.
- Easy to use because of its simple design and function: Lots of users prefer this Henry machine because of its simple design. While other vacuums may have fancy gadgets and extra features, this one is easy-to-use and doesn’t burden you with anything that you won’t need or use.
- Comes in a red color with cute, smiley detail: With its bright red color and smiley face detail, Henry is designed to put a smile on your face. Of course, the functionality and performance of the machine are a higher priority, but making vacuuming just a little fun isn’t a bad thing at all.
While this easy-to-use and highly functional vacuum has many valuable features, it also has a few things that aren’t so great about it. Take a look at a few of the downsides that come with the little red Henry HVR200A vac.
- Weighing 21.2 pounds, you may need a more lightweight option: While the handle on the canister makes it easier to carry, it is still quite a heavy vacuum. If you have a large area to clean or you’re dealing with stairs, you may want to consider a lighter option.
- Pulling around the canister itself can be tedious: In addition to being on the heavier side, Henry is a bit top heavy. Some users complain that the canister topples over frequently, which can be a hassle.
- Not the easiest to clean out as it uses bags: Although considered one of the best bagged canister vacuum cleaners because of its filtration system and the very generous 2+ gallon capacity of the bags, it can still be a pain to clean. Bags are sometimes messy and eventually need to be replaced. The Henry HVR200A comes with four bags to start.
|Numatic HVR200A Henry Professional Canister Vacuum||Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister VacuumReview||Dyson Ball Multifloor Canister VacuumReview|
|price||$329.00CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 11, 2022||$1,151.04CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 11, 2022||$428.00CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 10, 2022|
|range (cord + hose)||46 ft||36 ft||45 ft|
|container size||2.37 gallons (9 liters)||1.19 gallons (4.5 liters)||0.53 gallons (2 liters)|
|dimensions||17.9 x 14.8 x 14.7 in||19.5 x 11.2 x 8.9 in||11 x 11.7 x 13.2 in|
|filter||Fabric||HEPA AirClean filter||HEPA filter|
|path width||14 in||13.5 in||12.5 in|
|weight||21.2 lbs||19.4 lbs||20 lbs|
|warranty||1 year||1 year||5 years|
The Numatic HVR200A Henry Professional Canister Vacuum combines powerful suction strength with an efficient filtration system to effectively lift dirt, dust, and other messes from all floor types.
Numatic International is a U.K.-based company that produces quality commercial-grade cleaning products with simple, easy-to-use designs. They manufacture over 150 different products that can be found in hotels, hospitals, and in many homes and businesses, both in the U.K. and internationally.
The Numatic HVR200A Henry Professional Canister Vacuum combines powerful suction strength with an efficient filtration system to effectively lift dirt, dust, and other messes from all floor types. The compact design is great for storing in small spaces and the red, smiley face detail adds a bit of fun to vacuuming.
Whether you own a business and need a quality, functional cleaning product or you want something simple yet effective for your home, look no further than Henry, the easy-to-use canister vacuum.
$329.00CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 11, 2022
Miele Compact C2 Electro+ Canister Vacuum
“How’s your vacuum?” That’s not a question you hear every day. However, if a friend (or your mother!) asks, pay attention.
Look around – are your floors and stairs dirty even though you just finished cleaning? Maybe you need a newer vacuum cleaner.
There are lots of good vacuum cleaner options – many styles and many brands, all with their own set of pros and cons.
But for powerful cleaning and strong suction, it’s hard to beat a good canister vacuum for ease of use and portability.
It’s easy to compare different vacuums. It’s also easy to get taken in by the hype – so look for reviews that discuss the product thoroughly.
The unique Miele air filter system captures 99.9% of dust and dirt and other minute particles in the filter bag.
With a powerful but very quiet six-speed motor, the Miele Compact C2 Electro+ Canister Vacuum ranks as a best vacuum cleaner for carpet and hardwood. It is designed to clean any type of carpeting and any hard floors in your home or apartment.
The unique Miele air filter system captures 99.9% of dust and dirt and other minute particles in the filter bag. A canister vacuum with a powerhead, it’s easy to see where you’ve cleaned the carpet using the multi-height adjustable Electro Plus floor brush. It’s perfect for any carpet height.
Miele vacuum cleaner attachments – an upholstery tool, a dusting brush and a crevice tool – are stored right on the vacuum so they are always handy when you need them. Besides the Electro floorhead for carpet, there is also a Parquet floorhead to use on hardwood, marble or tile.
|range (cord + hose)||33 ft|
|container size||0.93 gallons (3.5 liters)|
|dimensions||16.7 x 9.6 x 9.1 in|
|filter||HEPA AirClean filter|
|path width||13.5 in|
The canister is approximately 16 1/2″ x 9 1/2″ x 9″, making it compact and easy to use and store. It weighs little more 18 and a half pounds so it’s easily maneuvered while you’re cleaning and its convenient size makes it nearly ideal for an apartment.
In addition to the vacuum cleaner itself, Miele manufacturers the 1200-W Vortex motor that powers it. A combination of German engineering and manufacturing gives you confidence that you own a long-lasting, high-quality, machine that will last for years and will always clean as if new.
You wouldn’t expect less from a company that holds true to their motto, “Immer Besser” or “forever better”. Miele has been a family-held since it was founded in 1899 and has been continually in business since then.
Because it is adjustable for all carpets, you can be sure it will pick up all the dirt, including pet hair.
The Compact C2 is an excellent vacuum with many outstanding features, including powerful suction, superb dirt/particle capture and air filtration, and portability. Miele designed this machine with you in mind – to make it easy to keep your house clean.
- Allergies? This vacuum captures and holds what it cleans: This bagged canister vacuum is completely sealed. Its unique HEPA AirClean system filters out 99.9% of all particles picked up so there’s no dust to trigger allergies – it goes into the trash with the filter bag.
- Multi-speed motor can be set for any surface to be cleaned: Select from any of six power settings to ensure the appropriate amount of suction is available for the surface you’re cleaning. Simply turn the rotary dial on the canister – lower for hard floors, higher for carpets.
- Electro Plus floor brush has five height adjustments for carpet: Because it is adjustable for all carpets, you can be sure it will pick up all the dirt, including pet hair. The carpet height adjustment plus the variable-speed motor combine to make it one of the best vacuum cleaners for pet hair.
- Clean a large area with the long cord, hose, and telescoping wand: Plug it in and start cleaning – the canister can be 18 feet away from the wall plug you’re using for power. (The cord rewinds automatically.) Combined with the vacuum hose and stainless steel telescoping wand, you have a 33-foot cleaning radius.
- Detailed user guide is easy to follow and covers everything: It includes instructions on using the various attachments, motor speed settings, and height adjustment on the carpet floor brush. It also has clear instructions on when and how to replace the filter bags and clean the vacuum to keep it performing well.
- Generous warranty provides assurance for a long-lasting machine: The warranty on the Compact C2 is for five years from the date of purchase. But there is an even better warranty – ten years – on the Vortex motor, powerhead motors, and structural integrity of the vacuum body.
If you look closely at any product, you’ll probably find some flaws or features that you either don’t like or don’t need. While the C2 is a fine vacuum cleaner, there are some drawbacks you might want to consider.
- You must use genuine Miele filter bags, dust filters, and accessories: You cannot use generic bags on this cleaner. Using generics could void the warranty and damage the machine. While they are no doubt high quality, it likely means that you will spend more for the brand name filter bags and filters.
- You should completely unwind the electric cord to dissipate heat: To keep the vacuum from overheating, the manufacturer recommends pulling the electric cord out to its full, 18-foot length. If you have a small area to clean, fully extending the cord (even with its automatic rewind) could get in the way.
- Doesn’t roll over carpet very well: Some users have mentioned that they find themselves picking up and carrying the canister around, especially on carpet, because the rollers are less effective when on carpet. It weighs a bit over 18 pounds so that could be burdensome for some people.
|Miele Compact C2 Electro+ Canister Vacuum||Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister VacuumReview||Dyson Ball Multifloor Canister VacuumReview|
|price||Check PriceCHRISTMAS||$1,151.04CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 11, 2022||$428.00CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 10, 2022|
|range (cord + hose)||33 ft||36 ft||45 ft|
|container size||0.93 gallons (3.5 liters)||1.19 gallons (4.5 liters)||0.53 gallons (2 liters)|
|dimensions||16.7 x 9.6 x 9.1 in||19.5 x 11.2 x 8.9 in||11 x 11.7 x 13.2 in|
|filter||HEPA AirClean filter||HEPA AirClean filter||HEPA filter|
|path width||13.5 in||13.5 in||12.5 in|
|weight||18.7 lbs||19.4 lbs||20 lbs|
|warranty||1 year||1 year||5 years|
Its powerful Vortex motor gives it strong suction but it can be regulated for more delicate cleaning jobs such as curtains or drapes.
Despite some disadvantages, the Miele Compact C2 Electro+ Canister Vacuum is an excellent vacuum cleaner and has the power to deep clean your home or apartment. And having the accessories stored on the canister keeps them in easy reach.
Its powerful Vortex motor gives it strong suction but it can be regulated for more delicate cleaning jobs such as curtains or drapes. The closed air filtration system with its HEPA filter system means no leaking of dust particles.
This Miele canister vacuum is solidly built to last. With its base five-year warranty and ten-year warranty on the motors and other key parts, you’ll have a machine that will provide high-quality performance for years to come.
Electrolux EL4021A Silent Canister Vacuum
Is your vacuum loud and obnoxious, scaring your kids and dogs alike? Have you just accepted that this is how it has to be?
The truth is, there are actually quiet machines out there that can make vacuuming less disruptive.
If you’re ready to switch out your noisy vacuum for a quieter and more powerful canister vacuum, there are some important qualities to look for.
Does it work well on both carpets and hard floors? Does it come with accessories? How long does it last?
Check out this quiet Electrolux vacuum to see if it has the features you’re looking for.
This vacuum includes a crevice tool for hard to reach messes, an upholstery nozzle, and a dusting brush to help you clean anything, anywhere.
A quiet vacuum may seem like an oxymoron. But in fact, it’s a reality with this innovative canister vacuum.
The Electrolux EL4021A Silent Canister Vacuum has a SilencePro System that has a canister, motor, and noise-reducing nozzle that all work together to give you a less disruptive vacuuming experience without sacrificing suction power.
This product is one of the best canister bagless vacuum cleaners on the market because it works great on both carpets and hard floors. The dual nozzles and speed control switch allow you to adjust to whatever floor type you’re working with. Carpets require stronger suction and hard floors require a gentler clean.
|range (cord + hose)||28 ft|
|container size||0.29 gallons (1.1 liters)|
|dimensions||16 x 12 x 10 in|
|path width||10 in|
In addition to its floor-cleaning abilities, the EL4021A could be the best vacuum for allergies and pet hair because it keeps the air you breathe clean with its clean-air filtration system. The HEPA filter traps 99.97% of all airborne pollutants to keep your home fresh.
This vacuum also includes a crevice tool for hard to reach messes, an upholstery nozzle, and a dusting brush to help you clean anything, anywhere. Plus, being bagless means cleaning up afterward is a breeze. Simply drop the dust and dirt you scooped up while cleaning directly into the trash can with no extra mess.
Electrolux is a global company headquartered in Sweden that produces a wide variety of household appliances. The famous brand has been around since the early 1900’s when they started producing their first vacuum cleaner. Although they have branched out since then, the Electrolux name continues to be one of the most trusted vacuum makers.
The clean-air filtration system captures 99.97% of all airborne debris, anything larger than 0.3 microns.
It may already be quite clear that the Electrolux EL4021A could be the best bagless canister vacuum for you. But in case you’re not yet convinced, take a closer look at the top features of this innovative, high-quality vacuum cleaner.
- SilencePro System lessens the noise for maximum power with minimal disruption: Between the canister, motor, and the sound-softening nozzle, this vacuum gets rave reviews for how little noise it makes. But don’t worry, it’s not any less powerful just because it’s quiet. Enjoy less disruption in your home with this product.
- Works well on both carpeted floors and hard floors: This could be the best canister vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet because it easily adjusts to handle both floor types. The dual nozzles and speed controls alter the suction strength so that both surfaces get thoroughly cleaned.
- Comes with accessories including crevice tool, dust brush, and upholstery nozzle: The EL4021A easily becomes a 3-in-1 cleaning machine with its included accessories. The crevice tool is used for tight spaces, the dust brush helps sweep up debris, and the upholstery nozzle works well with drapes and couches.
- Not only cleans your floors but keeps the air clean, too: The clean-air filtration system captures 99.97% of all airborne debris, anything larger than 0.3 microns. The HEPA filter keeps the air in your home fresh and clean. So not only are your floors spotless, the air around you is filtered too.
- Bagless dust cup makes cleanup after vacuuming much easier: It’s more than handy to have a bagless canister vacuum cleaner which makes cleaning up after you’ve vacuumed an easy task. Emptying the dust cup in the trash is simple task, plus it holds two gallons of dirt and debris.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty for worry-free purchasing power: Having a warranty on something like a vacuum that you’ll be using all the time is a great thing to have. Purchase this product risk-free, but always make sure to read the fine print so you know what you’ll be covered for.
While, as you can see, the Electrolux EL4021A vacuum has a lot of top quality features that are both useful and effective. But, as with anything, there are a few downsides that are worth mentioning before you decide if this machine works for you.
- Canister vacs aren’t always the most convenient: Since this vacuum essentially comes in two parts, the stick and the canister, it’s not always the easiest to maneuver and does require space for storage. If convenience is a priority, a stick vacuum might be worth looking at but remember – stick type vacs generally don’t have an equivalent amount of sucking power.
- Cord could be longer: At 21 feet, the cord is a bit limiting. Many canister vacuums come with 25-30 foot cords. That extra length can save a lot of hassle unplugging and plugging in the machine when cleaning larger spaces.
- Shipping may be limited: For this particular machine, standard shipping may be limited to the contiguous, 48 continental United States. If you need this machine to be shipped internationally or to Hawaii or Alaska, be sure to check the fine print.
|Electrolux EL4021A Silent Canister Vacuum||Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister VacuumReview||Dyson Ball Multifloor Canister VacuumReview|
|price||Check PriceCHRISTMAS||$1,151.04CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 11, 2022||$428.00CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 10, 2022|
|range (cord + hose)||28 ft||36 ft||45 ft|
|container size||0.29 gallons (1.1 liters)||1.19 gallons (4.5 liters)||0.53 gallons (2 liters)|
|dimensions||16 x 12 x 10 in||19.5 x 11.2 x 8.9 in||11 x 11.7 x 13.2 in|
|filter||HEPA filter||HEPA AirClean filter||HEPA filter|
|path width||10 in||13.5 in||12.5 in|
|weight||10.9 lbs||19.4 lbs||20 lbs|
|warranty||5 years||1 year||5 years|
The Electrolux EL4021A Silent Canister Vacuum is packed with features to make cleaning your home a more pleasurable experience.
Electrolux is a global household appliance manufacturer that produces everything from microwaves and dishwashers to washers and dryers to vacuums of all varieties. They pride themselves on producing quality, effective products and have been known for making reliable vacuums for nearly a century.
The Electrolux EL4021A Silent Canister Vacuum is packed with features to make cleaning your home a more pleasurable experience. From its sound-muffling nozzle and its ability to clean both carpets and hard floors to its bagless design and clean air filtration system, this vacuum seems to have it all.
If you’re ready to have a quiet yet effective vacuum cleaner to help you with your household chores, consider this as your newest canister vacuum.
Bagged or bagless?
The obvious benefit of going bagless is the fact that you’ll never have to buy bags for it. The best bagless canister vacuum can provide you with added convenience so long as emptying it doesn’t prove too messy or difficult.
On the other hand, a bagged canister vacuum is generally much easier to empty, plus it has a higher capacity. Sure, you’ll have to buy replacement bags, but you’ll usually never have to worry about a mess or a hassle when emptying it.
What’s the dirt capacity?
Bagged is the best way to go for a larger capacity, and the best bag vacuum will almost certainly have a dirt capacity of at least a gallon, but some might even be able to provide you with a larger capacity than that.
The larger the capacity, the better, as the more the bag can hold, the less often you’ll have to toss out the bag and replace it with a new one. Always compare the respective capacities of different models before you buy.
Length of cord
If you have a large area to cover, the last thing that you want is to be stuck unplugging from one outlet and moving to another. The ideal is to find a cord that will give you at least 20 feet of length, allowing you to cover a whole lot of ground.
Unless you’re only going to be cleaning small areas at a time, you never want to end up with a 10 foot cord, or shorter, on your vacuum.
How is the cord stored?
Ideally, particularly if you need a longer cord, you’ll want to get a product with a retractable cord. This will help with storage and eliminate the hassle of having to unwrap and wrap up the cord before and after every use.
If it doesn’t have a retractable cord, then, at the very least, you want to find a unit that includes some type of cord wrap. The easier it is to wrap up the cord, the fewer hassles you’ll face.
Length of hose
Just like with the power cord, the best vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet will provide you with a hose long enough to reach those hard to reach areas. Generally speaking, a good combination of cord length and hose length will give you more room to cover more ground.
The cord will be connected to the canister, so having a long hose will give you that much more reach and flexibility. Most models come with a 6 foot hose, but there are those with a 10 foot hose or longer.
Attachments and their usefulness
There are a variety of attachments that any of these products could come with, and they each have their own uses. An upholstery attachment is great for furniture, and the best vacuum cleaners for pet hair are going to come with some sort of pet hair removal tool.
A dusting brush is also something that will be extremely useful if you’re trying to clean the tops of ceiling fans or blinds. It all depends upon what your needs are.
How wide is the cleaning path?
It’s nice to be able to cover as much ground as possible in as short a period of time as possible. The primary cleaning tool (usually the wide brush) of most of these products is likely to be anywhere from 10 inches to 15 inches. The wider it is, the fewer times you’ll have to pass over certain areas.
Different attachments, of course, will provide a different cleaning width than the unit itself does as a standalone vac.
Levels of filtration
The filtration system on the unit will determine how well it removes dust particles from its exhaust. The better the filtration system, the less airborne dust particles and other allergens will result from using the unit.
There are also certain products that provide more than one level of filtration, which will help to remove even more of these particles from the air. If you suffer from allergies or hay fever, look for a unit that utilizes HEPA filtration.
This is where newer canister vacs do a much better than older models. Obviously, the best canister vacuum for thick carpet is the one that provides you with the best suction power. The same can be said for the best pet vacuum cleaner.
While it used to be widely known that the best vacuum cleaner for carpets was always an upright, a new bagged canister vacuum with a powerhead will likely be able to handle just about anything you throw at it.
How much does it weigh?
Canister models are often lighter than upright vacs, but that doesn’t mean that there’s no range. In fact, a canister vac can weigh anywhere from 9 pounds to 24 pounds. The best lightweight vacuum isn’t always the best for your needs, either.
A vacuum cleaner with great suction will likely weigh a little bit more than one with weaker suction. If you’re only cleaning hard floors, going light shouldn’t be a problem. However, thicker carpets might necessitate a heavier unit.
How easy is it to move?
Weight will help to determine maneuverability, but that’s not the only thing to consider. The actual design will also help. A heavier unit that has solid, high-quality wheels will be easier to move than one with small, cheap wheels.
When it comes to maneuverability, there are many criteria that come into play, including wheels on the canister, weight, length of the hose, and length of the cord. This is its own criteria because it’s a combination of all of these considerations and the overall design.
How big is the container?
This is related to the capacity, but it’s usually not a one-to-one relation. In fact, you will find some models that have smaller canisters but a higher capacity than those with larger canisters. Much of this depends upon the internal design of the unit.
A smaller canister will likely help with maneuverability in most cases, but it will also help with storage. If you don’t have a lot of room for storage, then you should always consider the canister size.
Many of these criteria are interconnected, and this one is no different. Just like with weight, the better the suction, the louder the unit is likely to operate. All vacuums make noise, but some can be so loud that they’re unbearable.
For many people, this is a major selling point, and so those units that are less noisy will be marketed as such. Some might even provide you with a decibel level that you can use in comparison with other units.
Canister vacs are much more awkward to store than upright or stick vacuums because of the flexible hose and, sometimes, the length of the canister. Check the dimensions to be sure your storage closet has enough floor space.
With most vacuums, tipping the canister on end when not in use is fine and saves on storage floor space. The hose can easily be draped over a hook, but all attachments should be removed if hung to prevent over stretching.
Warranties and guarantees
Everyone likes to be guaranteed that a product that they spend money on will work properly, and it’s no different when purchasing a vacuum. The better the warranty or guarantee, the more confidence the manufacturer likely has in the product that they created.
While the lack of a solid warranty or guarantee does not necessarily mean that it’s a bad product, such things are definitely a plus and the best canister vacuum is likely to come with some sort of guarantee.
My pick for best canister vacuum is: Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum. This choice was made after 94 hours of research.$1,151.04CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 11, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I get a canister or upright vac?
This depends almost entirely upon what you need to use the vac for. If you are only using a vacuum to clean a thick carpet, it is possible that an upright is your best bet, but that’s not always the case.
On the other hand, if you are looking for something that will work well on both carpets and hard surfaces, then there are plenty of canister vacuums that will work perfectly for you. Find one that can take care of all your needs.
Do all canister vacs work well on tile?
The short answer to this is yes. These types of products have always been designed to work very well on hard surfaces, and so it’s very difficult to find any canister vacuum that won’t do the job on hardwood and tile floors.
Ultimately, which canister vac you choose will depend upon whether you also need to use it on carpets, stairs, furniture, or to pick up pet hair. All of these things ought to be considered before you choose your product.
Will all canister vacs pick up pet hair?
No. Suction power is going to play a huge role in determining whether or not a specific product will work to pick up your pet’s hair. If a specific product is designed with the suction power to pick up pet hair, the manufacturer will generally advertise this as a selling point.
Look closely at the features and specifications that are listed by the manufacturer and compare it to other products to determine whether it will work for you.
Do canister vacs work well in tight spaces?
This depends upon a number of factors. First, consider the types of attachments that the unit comes with. Most attachments are designed for specific purposes. Second, consider the weight, size, and overall maneuverability of the unit in question.
There are plenty of products of this type that are designed specifically with the maneuverability and included attachments to help you reach tight spaces, or to even reach high areas like ceiling fans and the tops of blinds.
How often do I need to empty the vac?
This depends upon the dirt capacity of the unit. Don’t fool yourself, however; just because a product has a dirt cup that looks large doesn’t mean that it also has a large capacity. Always look at the capacity in the specifications so you know what you’re getting.
The larger the capacity, the less often you’re going to have to empty the unit. As a general rule, a bagged unit is likely to have a larger capacity than a bagless one.